Two kitchen appliances I never regret buying them, the Knewood bread maker, and the cuckoo IH rice cooker. I know it seems that I’m becoming lazy and more dependent on machines. However, I can’t resist the idea, that it only takes me 5 minutes to bake bread at home and enjoy it fresh and preservatives free.
Cuckoo IH cooker, on the other hand, is not only a rice cooker! I use it to cook almost everything. The only difference that I use one deep pan, and I know that my meal won’t burn even if I totally forget about it. Using this machine makes the dish washing process so easy, especially for those who don’t have dishwasher! Since I bought the machine, I never experienced a single failure in cooking. In fact, I’ve started to cook rice in bigger quantities and freeze it until the time of usage.
Saj Filling ~ sandwich Filling
I was planing to post the Saj pictures for this recipe; however, I discovered that I’ve lost most of the pictures during the transformation between my camera and laptop.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water
1 lb minced meat
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green pepper, minced
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper, grounded
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Making the filling
1. Using a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. When the oil becomes hot enough fry the minced meat till its colour changes to brown. This step can be done ahead of time and store it in the freezer till the time of usage.
2. Add the green onions and garlic to the minced meat for two minutes, then set aside till it cools completely.
3. Add the pomegranate molasses, all spice, cumin, coriander, pepper, salt and pepper, and the chopped parsley.
Making the Saj
1. Mix together, salt, all purpose flour, and olive oil and knead till the dough becomes homogenous and soft.
2. Divide the dough into small balls and cover the surface with olive oil and set a side for an hour.
3. In a medium size plate pour 1 teaspoon olive oil, then place one small dough ball in the middle and start flattening the dough with both hands till the dough becomes evenly flattened. The thickness of the dough should be around 1/4 inch.
4. Place some of the filling in half of the dough and then flip the other half and press the edge of the dough to close it firmly.
5. Repait the same steps for the remaining dough balls.
6. Using a flat frying pan, cook the Saj dough over medium heat till its color turn into golden brown from both sides.
7. Serve immediately.
enjoy with love,
MaryamPrint this post