Tasting different cuisines is like traveling around the world. During the last few years, I’ve been to many places and visited different cities;however, I never felt bored from the long flights. My passport became my collection book for “entries stamps”. I still want to continue doing what I’m doing. Traveling, became part of who I am; it became an identity.
Traveling did not only introduce me to the amazing dishes I have enjoyed. Traveling for me is a learning process that doesn’t end. It’s a pleasure that I always enjoy and a place where I never get lost. Traveling for me is discovering a new side of me everyday.
Making the Homemade Taboon Bread
The recipe makes around 7-8 medium size breads. Its Easy and can be done without a need for an oven.
Taboon Bread Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 3/4 cups lukewarm milk
Taboon Bread Directions
1. In a large bowl add the lukewarm milk, flour, sugar, salt, olive oil and yeast.
2. Knead the dough on a floured board until the is soft and smooth and non sticky.
3. Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover and let the dough rise for one hour.
4. Turn the dough down, then divide it into 8 balls, let it rise for 10 minutes.
5. Roll each ball with a rolling pin into circles.
6. Heat a flat frying pan onto high heat.
7. When the frying pan becomes hot place one piece of the rolled dough and fry till the bottom starts get brownish dots.
8. Turn the bread on the other side, then remove it when both sides are fried equally.
9. Repeat the process for the remaining bread doughs.
10. Serve immediately, or store in freezer after it cools completely.
enjoy with love,