Green Tea Latte

by Maryam on September 25, 2012

In my last visit to South Korea, I didn’t have the chance to write about the Korean cuisine and how amazingly it was. Although the general taste was completely different from the middle eastern, I did enjoy it.

I’m used to Chinese and modified Japanese cuisines, however, I’ve never imagined that green tea latte exists, nor I’ve ever heard about Kimchi and how famous it was, or expected to fall for the honey bread. After being there for almost a month, I realized how arrogant I was when I thought that I know about food and cultures.

The first time I saw green tea latte, I though it was some sort of a vegetable drink, like a smoothie that contains parsley or something similar. I’ve never imagined that green tea can be served as a latte or a frappuccino “iced”. The whole idea was unique and I really wanted to test the taste.

After my first sip, green tea latte became my usual order whenever I give a coffee shop a visit. However, when I returned to Kuwait I missed my Korean favorite drink and I’ve decided to make a thorough search to find a place that either serve or sell the green tea. Finally, I found a mall Korean supermarket called ” Singarea” and my memories of Korea started to come back!

Green Tea Latte

Very simple, easy and healthy way to start your morning.

Latte Ingredients

1/2 teaspoon green tea powder

1 teaspoon sugar

cup of milk, full cream is recommended or you can replace it with soy milk as I do

Making the Latte

1. Mix the green tea powder, sugar and milk in a small stove pot.

2. Heat over medium to low heat and stir occasionally, till the milk becomes hot but not very hot.

3. Pour the drink in a medium size mug and serve immediately.

Note: if you are using sweet soy milk, there is no need to add sugar.

enjoy with love,

Maryam

Print this post

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Julia September 26, 2012 at 3:48 am

Your photo is beautiful. Does it taste like Greet Tea Latte from Starbucks?

Maryam September 26, 2012 at 6:12 am

Hi Julia, yeah it does .. actually its exactly the same; all you need is to give the nearest korean supermarket a visit and you’ll enjoy your drink everyday!
regards,
Maryam

Raju September 26, 2012 at 10:19 am

Oh!.. the picture of the Latte is beautiful and the entry looks yummy. But please advice, where is the location of the Korean shop Singaria, in Kuwait. Incidentally, I am also in Kuwait.

Regards
Raju

Maryam September 26, 2012 at 11:06 am

Hi Raju, Singarea’s location may seem difficult in the beginning; however, once you find the place it becomes very easy to go there again. Take the 6th ring road where the Kuwait Finance House becomes on your right hand side. Take the U-turn to enter Aldajej area. Then take turn left through the entrance of the complex which will be exactly on your left hand side just after the U-turn. The supermarket will be inside that complex. Maybe this map make it easier for you to follow.

Raju September 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

Dear Maryam,,

Thank you, very much… I am quite familiar with the area. Only that, I never realised such an existance of a Korean shop.

Regrds
Raju

Maryam September 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

Dear Raju,
it was the same with me! I didn’t expect that I would ever find a Korean grocery in Kuwait. I’m happy that I found one. See you soon
Regards,
Maryam

Sandra's Easy Cooking October 20, 2012 at 3:19 am

LOVE green tea latte! I made frapp with matcha and enjoyed latte as well! Korea is on my bucket list…I love the culture, tradition and KFOOD! Thanks for sharing!

Maryam October 20, 2012 at 9:37 am

Dear Sandra,
I’ve to Korea couple of times and I’m loving it! Hope you’ll have the chance to visit that lovely place so soon!
Maryam