When I decided to do this pizza recipe, I didn’t expect much. I knew that my ability in baking is limited, and this recipe was my first experience in the pizza world. However, the result turned to be more than a success!
I still remember the day I bought my break maker. I didn’t plan to buy one in the beginning. And I always believed that baking is a specialty that I will never master.
I saw the machine is sold for a very reasonable price. However, when I decided to give it a try the sales man told me ” do you think that you can make a loaf using this machine?”, “we never succeeded to bake anything using this machine” he continued. “I believe it requires a professional skill!” he commented.
Thanks for the salesman comments; I bought the bread maker and enjoyed baking many successful breads, pizza dough and cakes!
Tomato and Salami Pizza ~ four cheese pizza
Adapted from Bread. There were few modifications in the filling ingredients.
Pizza dough ingredients
140 ml water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups unbleached white bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon easy blend dried yeast
Pizza filling ingredients
3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
150g mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
150g cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded and cut into thin strips
4 large garlic cloves, halved
50g feta cheese, crumbles
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Making the pizza
1. Pour the water and olive oil into the bread machine pan. Or reverse the order of liquid and dry ingredients as per the manual instructions.
2. Sprinkle over the flour, then add salt, in one corner, and the sugar in another corner. Make a small indent in the center of the flour then add the yeast.
3. Set bread machine to the dough setting. Using basic or pizza dough if available, then press start.
4. When the dough cycle is completed, remove the dough from the dough and place it on a lightly floured surface.
5. Punch it down gently, then roll out the pizza dough into one round.
6. Spread the sun-dried tomato paste over the pizza base, and arrange two thirds of the mozzarella shreds on top.
7. Scatter with chopped tomatoes, pepper strips, prosciutto, garlic, mozzarella and feta.
8. Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Then bake pizza for 15-20 minutes or until golden and sizzling.
10. Serve immediately.
enjoy with love,
MaryamPrint this post