Finally, Ramadan is over! However, the joyful memories of the last few days I’ve spent in Venice will remain in heart and soul. The trip to Italy was so sudden and I didn’t expect that I would have the opportunity to join my family. I was lucky that I did, and it was a real refreshment after the long fasting month.
Many people when they travel they plan for a certain things to do, and others list specific places to visit. But in my case I had only one list to fulfill, the “to taste list”. I wanted to taste as much dishes as I could. I’ve never tasted the authentic Italian coffee. And when I say authentic I mean the one that is brewed, prepared and served over there. When I did, I discovered that I was fooled all these years when it comes to how coffee should really taste. I even started to drink it plain with no other additives; no sugar and no milk which I couldn’t do before tasting this coffee, and the taste always remained amazing!
I also wanted to know how the Italian “al dente” feels while chewing. In fact, I wanted to know whether my al dente is similar to the original one or no! It was and I’m happy that it is!
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Brownie
Adapted from The Taste of Home Baking.
Top Layer Ingredients
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brownie Layer Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup all-puprose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed “I used oreo“
Making the top Layer “first“
1. In small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth, then set a side.
Making the Brownie Layer ” Second step“
2. Combine the butter, sugars, and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Blend well, then add eggs “on at a time”, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour and baking powder, then stir into the cocoa mixture.
5. Stir in vanilla and cookie crumbs.
6. Pour the batter into a greased pan, about 11 inch x 7 inch x 2 inch, then spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter.
7. Cut through the batter using a knife to swirl ” If you are a swirl beginner don’t worry, I didn’t succeed in my attempt either!”.
8. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
9. Cool completely before cutting into small bars.
10. Store in the refrigerator, till serving.
enjoy with love,
Print this post