Three years ago, I gave this marbled chocolate cheesecake bars unsuccessful try. During that time, I was unfamiliar with baking. Everything required an oven was an impossible task to consider. Getting a good result after “placing the baking pan into the oven” was difficult and challenging. It seemed that I followed the provided directions perfectly, but all my trials were big failures.
All that changed since that time. Today, when I came through this recipe, I remembered all the frustration,and anxiety I felt earlier, and I wondered why I didn’t succeed during that time? It didn’t seem to be difficult as I though. Now it looks much easier and straightforward than I expected. However, I feel really lucky since I got the chance to redo it and succeed after all these years!
Ramadan Mubarak .. and may all your dishes becomes sweet as a honey and delicious as a perfect meal.
Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
I should have changed the title to layer chocolate cheesecake or something since I lost the swirl effect during the process of swirling the batter! But because the recipe remains the same without changes I preferred to keep the title as it is as well.
Adapted from The Taste of Home Baking Book.
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate powder
2 cups all -purpose flour
1 teaspoon backing soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
Cream Cheese Mixture Ingredients
1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 6 ounces
Making the Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake
1. In a small saucepan, combine water, butter and chocolate powder. Stir and cook over low heat until the mixture gets smooth. Set aside and let it cool down.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Then add eggs and sour cream. Beat on low speed until all ingredients combine, and don’t over mix.
3. Stir in chocolate mixture until the batter becomes homogenous.
4. In another medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Set aside.
5. Spread chocolate batter into a greased baking pan; 15 in x 10 in size. Using small baking pan my result in brownish top colour as mine!
6. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoon over batter. Cut through the batter with a knife to form a swirl. If you don’t know how to make the swirl then keep it simple and cover the chocolate layer with the cream cheese layer.
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. You can also mix the chocolate chips with the cream cheese batter as I did.
8. Bake @ 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars for serving.
Enjoy with love,
Print this post