I have to admit it anyway .. although the massive amount of studying and traveling I do, in the last few months I was lazy to cook!! I say this because commitment means,regardless of what makes you busy you have to find time to do what you are committed to do. The only excuse that I can’t argue with is the remodeling of my kitchen. Yeah .. I have new kitchen now .. semi-full option and updated with all the electrical equipment it contains. Starting from the electric oven going through the electric stove and ending with the electric food prossessor .. I just feel like home again.
However, I really had fun meeting new people, getting good grades, seeing new places and most of all discovering life in very different way. On the other hand, not cooking for myself held within it good and bad experinces. the good was the ability of tasting new kind of breads, waffles, shrimps, salads etc. which I wouldn’t be able to do if I didn’t take this brake. The bad was mostly about missing cooking .. which simply brings me happiness.
Hot Dogs a la Rose
This recipe was adapted from foodnetwork.com
what you need to prepare?
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 handful shredded carrots, optional
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1 large tomato, diced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 (12-ounce) package hot dogs, sliced about 1/16-inch thick, or you can simply use mini hot dogs
1/4 cup water, if necessary
- In large skillet, heat canola oil, or any vegetable oil, over medium heat till the oil shimmers.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and carrots, if using, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the mixture until the onions are softened and slightly brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, garam masala and paprika.
- Stir for about 20 seconds to keep the spices from burning, then add tomatoes and ketchup, and taste. If it require more seasoning add more salt and pepper.
- Add hot dog rounds, or mini hot dogs in my case, and stir them into the tomato mixture. . Add 1/4 cup water if the mixture is too dry. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
Enjoy with love,
Print this post