I like simple recipes which are easy to make and tasty in the same time .. I consider this recipe as one of them! its straight forward, no expertize needed, its quick, therefore if you are hungry this would be a good choice and its delicious, which is of course the most important point after all ..
To complete the recipe in 30 minutes, preheat the oven before assembling the ingredients. If the breasts are of different size, check the smaller ones a few minutes early to see if they are cooking more quickly, and remove them from the oven if they are done! “taste of home recommendation”
adapted from the best 30 minute recipes
4 chicken breasts
salt and ground black pepper
9 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsely
pinch red pepper flakes
making the minutes count
while the chicken browns, wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut them into 1 inch wedges.
1. heat the oven: adjust the oven rack to lowest position and set the heat to 450 degrees.
2. season and brown the skin side of the chicken (if you had removed the skin then brown both sides equally): pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Brown chicken well on skin side, about 5 minutes.
3. potatoes frying toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl. shake the bowl and make sure that all ingredients are mixed together. fry potatoes, using 3 tablespoons of oil, stir regularly till all sides gets golden brown color.
4. bake chicken: transfer chicken, skin side up, to baking dish and bake until thickest part registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer, about 15-20 minutes.
5. brown potatoes: whiles chicken bakes, pour off any grease in skillet, add 1 more tablespoon oil, and return to medium heat until shimmering. drain the potatoes and then add to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
6. make drizzling oil: whisk remaining 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsely, and red pepper flakes togther. drizzle oil over chicken and potatoes before serving.
enjoy with love,
Print this post