Isn’t it strange that I’m always doing the easiest and fastest recipes ever? However, it is cool when you know that you can prepare a satisfying meal within 15 minutes! I used to have the feeling that the more complex the recipe and the longer time it takes to be prepared the better the taste you would get! But, after many experiments done by myself regarding this issue, I discovered that this fact which I used to believe in was absolutely wrong!
Instead, I discovered that the more you are able to imagine the taste of the ingredients you are mixing together, the more successful your dish would be! In general, it’s not a matter of how exact the measurement of the ingredients you are doing, except for baking a bread! it’s more about how you see your meal before the serving step .. you can add ingredients or remove some as long as you know exactly how the final result would taste like!
Sometimes you need to give a strange recipe with high rating a try! Even though you know nothing about it .. when a lot of people agree on one recipe this is a good indication that you may discover something that would be really delicious .. this exactly what happened with me when I first tried the carrot cake recipe! at that time I couldn’t imagine that this thing would make it .. however, since then I do bake it every weekend! .. as a hint, always read the recipe reviews! many of these recipes may not be as good as the ratings show! .. reviewers give you many information about their experience with this specific recipe, and they teach you how to make the best of it! therefore, whenever I want to try something new I start searching for the high rated recipes with many reviews as possible ..
Baked Beans on Bread
Well .. I can’t say this recipe was adapted from a specific site or cookbook, its mainly a collection of recipes in one .. I wanted to make something without meat, quick and easy, and still taste so good! luckily, I got what I wanted within 15 minutes .. it was easily modified to suite one person .. however, I will post it as a 4 servings recipe!
Ingredients you need
4 cans baked beans in tomato sauce, 200g each
1 medium sized onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
dash of salt, for taste
dash of ground black pepper, for taste
3 – 4 slices of bread
Making the beaked beans on bread
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and the crushed garlic cloves. Stir tell both the onion and garlic get brownish golden color.
2. Add the baked beans, the chili powder, dry mustard, the barbecue sauce, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir all together and adjust the heat to low.
3. While the beans are cooking cut three to four slices of bread. Place them in the bottom of your serving bowl or plate.
4. Add a 1/2 cup of water if more sauce preferred.
5. After 5-7 minutes of cooking remove the beans and pour the mixture directly over the bread slices and serve immediately.
enjoy with love,
MaryamPrint this post