I’M GOING BACK TO THE US .. next Thursday and for three weeks! Although many people may disagree with me but this what I call good news! Well, I know that I will be busy and of course there will be no cooking-photography thing, however, spending some time in US is something I really appreciate. What I like most about US is the variety in everything .. places, people, experiences, food, etc. I also like the the feeling of being independent, feeling independent and knowing that you can take care of yourself without expecting any help from anyone.
Whenever I go to US my feelings always surprise me! I FEEL LIKE HOME .. Although I love my country, since the first time I’ve been there I’d never ever felt that US is not my own home. And I believe it is a good thing to feel this way .. I even consider it a blessing to be able to be cabable to adapt yourself anywhere you go and under any kind of circumstances.
Two things I love in this recipe, the first one is the Arugula and second is the Pesto sauce. Both make any meal I eat a delicious and irresistible one. In fact, I tasted many salads with pesto dressing, and the more I eat it, the more I like it. At the end I decided to make my own combination and make my own salad .. ARUGULA WITH PESTO
I searched for a pesto recipe, I didn’t know how to do it, however, it turned to be very easy and delitghtful. It will be much easier to make if you have a good food processor which I didn’t have. Processing the basil with the pine nuts was the hardest thing to do. The rest was just a piece of cake.
1 bunch of fresh arugula
50 g fresh basil
1 garlic clove chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pine nuts, peeled
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
4-5 pieces dry tomatoes soaked in olive oil.
Making the salad
1. wash the basil and the arugula separately and thoroughly, three to four times using cold water.
2. Place the fresh arugula in a serving plate, and set it aside.
3. Using food processor, process the basil, garlic and the pine nuts till tender and becomes in a liquid form.
4. Add the parmesan cheese, and the olive oil to the mixture and process till the mixture becomes soft and well mixed.
5. Cut the fresh mozarella cheese into cubes, then mix it with the arugula. Add the dry tomatoes to the salad.
6. Pour the pesto dressing on top, and mix the whole salad thoroughly. Serve immediately.
enjoy with love,
Print this post