It has been a long time since I posted my last recipe, approximately one month! After all these days I was afraid that I lose my talent in shooting, writing and cooking. Indeed it was very hard when I placed my camera on the tripod and started to take pictures. After three horrible shots I told my sister “am I going to lose it?”
The real story behind this, is that I started to eat outside a lot these days. Eating outside is good as change not as a habit! Because at the end of the day you will find yourself addicted to have your meal ready within minutes. And believe me this is not good, especially when I have a talent in cooking.
As a refreshment .. I decided to do something easy, simple, and delicious in the same time. Well, and also contains mozzarella. Since my last visit to Dubai I got craving for fresh mozzarella cheese. I tasted it in two Italian restaurants into two different salads and both were stunning. So, when I came back to Kuwait I prayed and prayed to find a fresh mozzarella cheese to make both of the salads again.
As always .. whenever I want something that is rare in Kuwait and hard to find I head directly to LuLu Hypermarket. I considered myself more than lucky at that moment for two reasons, or to be more accurate three reasons. The first, I found the fresh mozzarella I’m looking for. Second, I found it packed in packed in small plastic packs which serves one person per pack, this is very good in my case. Third, I found to types of it full cream and light which I didn’t expect to get at all.
Since then, I made this salad again and again and again typically for lunch. I used different ingredients, and tried different portions of these ingredients. All I can say that I liked it each and every time. Of course, mozzarella endings are always happy endings.
Tomato Mozzarella Salad
I think that it is not fair to post one mozzarella recipe only, that’s why I’m expecting to post more and more mozzarella recipes in the near future.
1 medium size tomato
1 medium size fresh mozzarella ball
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, sage, black pepper and bay leaves)
Making the Salad
1. Wash the tomato thoroughly with warm water and drain the mozzarella from the water which it socked in.
2. Slice the tomato and mozzarella to equal slices each.
3. In the serving plate place the tomato slices in the bottom and put the mozzarella slices on top of it. When all tomato and mozzarella slices are placed, pour the balsamic vinegar on top of each one. Try to pour equal portions for each couple of slices.
4. As you did with the balsamic,do exactly the same thing with the extra virgin olive oil.
5. Finally, season with the coarse sea salt and Italian herbs. Then serve immediately.
enjoy with love,