Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs

by Maryam on March 25, 2010

I asked myself several times the same question again and again, but I couldn’t find an answer! The issue that’s hovering in my mind is that, I’m posting the recipes I’m cooking most of the time instead of posting what I’m eating most of the time! What made me concerned is the reason behind posting the recipes in this manner.

Whenever I post a new recipe and write about it here, my message to readers is “hay guys see what I have cooked today, it looks yummy and tastes delicious as well .. so why not, you can share and had the joy too!”. I have to admit that, I like both cooked food and raw food. You can describe my lifestyle is a balance between both, and I’m happy by doing that. However, 90% of the posted recipes are representing about 10% of what I’m eating. While the remaining 90% are hidden and not mentioned at all.

That’s why I asked myself, if by doing this I give an idea that there is no delicious raw recipes which I can share it here with you, or am I not quite confident that any person who will try the recipe may enjoy eating something uncooked. Both of ideas weren’t TRUE. I’m concerned, you know .. by not posting as much raw recipes as the cooked ones that I would give wrong idea that the raw food lifestyle is difficult to follow and cannot be implemented easily. Which is also far away from the reality I’m living.

Many points were raised when I started to think about this subject. When I started the blog honestly and clear representing of my preference on anything regarding food were some of this blog core values. I was concerned because I was afraid that by posting the lately posted recipes I didn’t stick to them. Though, this blog was created to give easy and delicious home cooking recipes in the same time, which could be done by anyone have a general cooking knowledge in any kitchen contain the basic elements and stuff. In addition I wanted to attach good quality photographs to the mentioned cooking steps. In short terms feasting the eyes by giving the steps! which encourage people to home cook.

Hah .. now I feel much better, and I just discovered why I was doing that for the last weeks .. interesting ! bon appetit!!

Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs

Adapted from food network, some modifications and changes have been done.


1/2 pound small white-skinned potatoes (about 1 3/4-inch diameter), scrubbed

1 tablespoon dry mint, you can use any type of herbs you prefer, the taste of course will be different from herb to another

1 garlic clove, minced

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Making the potatoes

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the potatoes thoroughly, without removing the outer skin. Put the potatoes into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the dry mint, garlic, and olive oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.

Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs, about 30 minutes. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs if desired. Serve hot or warm.

Print this post

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

sippitysup March 26, 2010 at 12:53 am

This is the right way to roast potatoes and your results prove it! GREG

sweetlife March 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm

great variation- dry mint I bet it gives the potatoes such a amazing taste..delish!!


Valen March 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I bet these are delicious! I’ve never used mint in anything, but desserts, I need to give this a try!

Ann April 9, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I love this too, I sort of use almost the same herbs with extra thyme in it :)

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: